[Healeys] A serious YELLOW Healey <G> !!

Eric (Rick) Wilkins e-wilkins at cox.net
Sat Sep 25 18:49:44 MDT 2010

Yeah, sure there are engines that are fun to like (283), but the fact
remains, for power/Money ratio, it's damn near impossible to beat the
ubiquitous Chevy 350. THAT my friends is why they are so much fun to
pop into whatever car you want to power.

That huge market makes for tons of aftermarket go fast bits.

It's costing me literally thousands of dollars to build a fast Austin
Healey engine that will still be heavier and have less than half the
power of a mildly tuned 350.

Wilko