[Healeys] Intermittent OD:the answer

I Erbs eyera3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:50:55 MDT 2010

I follow the same blip procedure. I have never had issues in 30+ years of
driving. I have od in 2_4 gear, most likely 1st too, just never tried it.
BTW, the Locks have a cable throttle set up that bypasses the kick down
function, and you must use the switch to disengage. David, do so have that
right?

On Sep 21, 2010 8:44 AM, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:
> I've always blipped the throttle when I disengage the O/D, just like any
other downshift (except I just lightly tap
> the clutch pedal). I never thought of it before, but this has the added
benefit of making sure the O/D is disengaged
> before coming to a stop (and maybe shifting into reverse). However, I
gotta think the O/D would disengage anyway when
> the RPMs drop to where the pump can no longer keep the O/D clutch
disengaged.

> The exception is when you're following a slow vehicle at part-throttle,
throw the O/D switch to off when you get a
> chance to pass, then hit the throttle to get a 'kickdown' when you punch
it.

> Also, I bought a new, spare solenoid years ago so, obviously, the one
that's installed will never fail.