[Healeys] 100 front brakes

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 00:55:17 MDT 2010

Tadek

I think that you are on the right track. That is, the pins in the shoes
are too short. The shoes that fit a BN2 are supposedly the same as those
fitted to vans etc. Including an early London Taxi. They are not (were
not) in short supply and are often cheaper than having existing shoes
relined. Originally these shoes were handed and had the pin fitted on
one side. The ones I fitted just a few years ago (Unipart) had pins on
both sides and could be fitted either side of the car.

Perhaps the manufacturers of new shoes have tried to make a single
product fit too many vehicles and have ended up with a post length that
is too short for a BN2.

I assume that you have not replaced the cams with a repair kit?

Where did the shoes come from?

Regards

--
John Harper