[Healeys] 100 front brakes

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Sun Sep 19 00:23:57 MDT 2010

No, I am sure. The problem appears when the shoes are properly aligned to
the drum with the steady pin. Once they are pushed out to sit parallel to
the drum they are off the cam adjuster.

In order to test drive the car I unscrewd the steady posts so the shoe sits
on the cam and can finally brake. I have to fix it later.

The worst bit is, that the problem appears as if there was air in the
system. You pump the pedal 2ce and it works properly for 2 minutes. Than it
looks again as if there is air...

I do presume there were different shoe manufacturers and I do not have the
best ones..

Once I take it off, I will post the measurements of the pins.

Tadek