[Healeys] After 5 year layup - Starting Help

Joe Smathers joesmathers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:00:48 MDT 2010

Thanks to Steve Byers, I have re-found the Healey list.  After over 5 years
of No Healey Fun due

To an illness, it is time to get moving again.

I have a 55 100 and a 60 3000 that have not been started for at least 5
years.  Both car engines were

In great shape at last start.  The 55 has a blown transmission but that is
another matter.

My question from this great list is * How to go about the start up of these
engines ? *  I want to make

sure that I do not damage either engine in the process.  Both cars were
running when put up, had

gasoline in the tank and plenty of oil in the crankcase.

Many thanks for the help and I will let you know how it goes.

Best regards, Joe

1955 100 BN1

1960 3000 BT7