[Healeys] Overheating so hard that the carbs boil?

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Sep 9 09:07:46 MDT 2010

Tadek,

I had a BJ8 not a 100 - but never had a heating problem.  But I have
had massive problems with building my MGB GT V8.  Overheating was an
enormous problem and here is the sequence of changes I made to solve
it....it may help.  And when I say overheating I mean, like your
friend, boiling fuel in the carburettor!  I already had a 14" 2,950
CFM electric fan installed

1)  Had exhaust manifold and primary exhaust pipes ceramic coated -
enormous improvement
2)  Had engine tuned by someone who knew about Edelbrock (Weber)
carbs - dropped temperature significantly.
3)  Installed aluminium radiator - huge improvement - now engine runs "cool".

Looking at your email I would go for tuning engine, checking your
timing especially.  Failing that then you have a long list of
possibilities from thermostat, to blockage, to water pump, but for
heaven's sake do not try "water wetter".