[Healeys] Coolant Mixture

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Oct 23 10:14:22 MDT 2010

Whatever mixture you are going to use, use demineralized/distilled water.
I prefer to use premixed coolant that will protect my engine to about
-30:C and protect against corrosion of aluminium combined with iron,
although the temperature over here rarely drops below -10:C and
regularly there is no significant frost all winter. As an alternative I
would use a 50/50 water/anti freeze mixture.
Both would provide adequate corrosion protection and lubrication.
If there is no possibility of frost I would go for pure water with an
appropriate corrosion inhibitor and lubricant.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]