[Healeys] Shock link color

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Thu Oct 21 08:58:21 MDT 2010

  << but since the shocks were all dried out and
needed rebuilding, >>

Just didn't get around to commenting on this
yesterday<F> !!

I recall VERY distinctly my encounter with them
right after I became "Hortense's" Care-Giver a
long time ago.

I found paint on them BUT a lot peeled right off &
a fair amount still there but with curled edges.

I figured at the time, and still retain the
thinking that they were originally painted with
Black Oxide which DOES do as I found !!

This same sort of thing occurred with the SU Carbs
[in our case the application was BN-1].  A few
'parts' were supplied in Black Oxide which quickly
disappeared as it is "designed to do".  Modern
examples that I am aware of are the MGB &
Spridgets' Fuel Tanks which ARE supplied in Black
Oxide including a note which says to the effect
the pieces are supplied with a "protective
coating" <G>  !!!

Ed
'67 BJ-7
[Hortense THE Healey wearing STD IL plates    AH
BJ 7    ]
Please visit MY site at: www.justbrits.com with a
LOT of
Healey Memorabilia For Sale including a picture of
BN-3 &  DMH !!