[Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 4 08:43:36 MDT 2010

Maybe there's air in the line that needs to be bled out?( ducking and
running!!! :) )
This was on the spridgets list awhile back.  It seems to insinuate that there
is a Harley Davidson switch that will fit ( a spridget ) and work, even if you
are using DOT 5.
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:49:37 -0400> > The
newer Harley Davidson's are now using Dot 5 brake fluid, I don't know the>
year of bike when they switched. The H.D. uses the same hydraulic brake>
stoplight switch that will fit earlier spridgets, these new switches are>
suppose to be DOT. 5 proof, the cost here in Canada $26.00. The Hot Rod guys>
using DOT 5 brake fluid, are also using the H.D. stoplight switches in their>
cars, it will be interesting to see if they do last.> > Car Quest carries a
DOT 5 proof hydraulic brake stoplight switch part> 53-54615, made in Spain
$10.00

Robert D