[Healeys] Running Pretty Rich

Olin Brimberry healey at hunterbane.com
Sat Oct 2 06:33:40 MDT 2010

Not experienced with the dip tubes, but I would say put it it like it
was.  And if you do not have access to a gas analyzer, get one.  They
are the most accurate for achieving stoichiometry.  Using the manual
and the rule of thumbs will get you real close.

> - Could the fumes coming from the valve cover and going into the
> carb filter
> be a source of the
> fumes?

No, the carbs are at a lower pressure and thus are inhaling the fumes
for you.

> - Are the HD 6 carbs known to run rich and that is why they switched
> different carbs later on?

All carbs will run rich if not properly adjusted

> - Should I just leave things alone and drive it with a gas mask on
> my head?

I hear the peripheral vision is not so great and could be a safety
hazard.