[Healeys] BJ7 clutch pedal travel

Frank Edwards logical2 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:37:35 MST 2010

Hello all;
My BJ7 is almost done.  Driven it around the house a little.  The clutch pedal
travel seems to be awfully long.  The clutch engages in the upper half.  I
know there are sort of semicircular shims that go on the brake or clutch
master cylinder but I don't really know what they do.  I have one but making
more looks pretty simple, I'm sure they're used in pairs.  Is there away to
reduce this travel?  Also, and I admit I haven't really looked at this yet,
gas pedal moves quite a bit before the throttle opens up.  Just an adjustment
or is there more to it?  The entire throttle linkage has been rebuilt.

Thanks for your help.

Frank R. Edwards 570-784-4662 logical2 at hotmail.com