[Healeys] recent articals

rrengineer @dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Tue May 18 20:25:15 MDT 2010

I for one enjoy getting a perspective on Healey history.  I own both a small
and big Healey and appreciate any articles about what it was like back when
these cars were new.  I also enjoy the do-it-yourself type articles. The
concours articles give me something to shoot for during the restoration of
my BN2.  In the end, it won't be a trailer queen trophy winner, but the
articles and pictures in Healey Marque certainly help to keep me focused on
making my car a good representative of the marque.  When something like the
Bonneville trials are covered, it is a special event. A whole issue devoted
to this certainly makes for a wonderful special edition to look back on
years from now. It was only one issue, what's the beef?   I am glad someone
is doing this, even though I could not even afford one of the Dunlop disc
wheels on this car, I can certainly appreciate someone that can afford it
having the desire to re-create our favorite marque's glory years.  He could
have just as well bought a nice Audi R8 instead.  We now have a museum
quality replica that will be around for years to come that we can all
appreciate.  I for one think the price we pay for our yearly dues delivers
my Healey fix in spades.  It is one of the best values for the money I can
think of for all the benefits that come with membership.  I am connected to
one of the greatest bunch of enthusiasts of any hobby I can think of.
     Heck, I could not do it any better, or at all for that matter.  I for
one look forward to every issue.  I know that sooner or later a subject I am
interested in will be in there.  I learn something from many articles that
may not have any direct bearing on my BN2 restoration.  One issue devoted to
a special event is not going to make me stop reading it.  There is always
next month.  Just my opinion.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5