[Healeys] hardtop mounting

allen c miller jr acmiller at mhcable.com
Sat May 15 18:02:16 MDT 2010

I have purchased a nice set of J hooks, shaped aluminum nuts and a
reinforcement backer from
Cape Healey for my newly acquired hardtop. These pieces hold down the top just
aft of the door. Problem is,
as I hold the pieces in my hands, they make about as much sense as the bits to
a trafficator did before I
spent days putting one together. Can someone put me out of my misery with a
photo of how these mounting hooks
attach. there is obivously some sort of bracket that is not supplied that goes
with the ensemble.

i believe the parts were offered as repros of the BN4/BN7 hardtop factory
clamps that hold down the top. my top is non-factory off a 100-4 (ca. 1960)
but has a hole drilled in the areas where the mounts should go.

I know this sounds like a Dear Abby from Clueless, but in this case I am truly
clueless how to put this together.

Thanks

Allen Miller

BN2/M