[Healeys] Disc Brakes and vintage racing rules

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:07:14 MST 2010

I am not aware of any of the vintage racing organizations that require 100-6's
to use drum brakes or run the small (2639 cc) engine. To my knowledge they all
run disc brakes and have 3000 motors. And I have seen plenty of 100-6s set up
this way. I think it is because they are identical. That is also why mamy
vintage organizations will not allow the bigger motors in the bugeye Sprites.
It is because they do not look the same - which means they are significantly
different. People know that Sprites came with a 948 cc motor and they should
not be able to stay up with later Sprites.
No one can tell the difference between a 100-6 and a 3000 (of course we can).
Richard