[Healeys] convertible top frame mounting brackets, BJ7/8

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 17:09:51 MST 2010

Bill,

Here are several pics of my restoration with the top frame base brackets in
different views.  Hopefully you can get some landmarks from these to help with
the proper placement of yours.  Since my car is complete now I can't get any
measurements for you.

Hope these help,

George Haywood

'65 bj8

> From: INSIDEDIM at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:46:01 -0400
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] convertible top frame mounting brackets, BJ7/8
>
> Benevolent Listers,
>
> My BJ8 restoration is nearing the 20 year mark and I'm still having a
> serious problem with the convertible top and the mounting brackets.
> Sometime before the turn of the century I replaced the rear wheel arches and
> welded the old brackets onto the new arches - NOT - in the right positions.
> I've fiddled with the convertible top umpteen times and just lately have
> decided to tackle the bracket location problem. My car is completely painted
> and virtually everything is installed, but the top will not close properly
> and I'm bound and determined to solve this problem once and for all.
> Ideally I'd like to purchase new brackets but apparently they are not
available
> anywhere so I guess I'm going to have to cut them away from the wheel
> arches and start over again. There are no pictures in any of the dozens of
> Healey books I've purchased over the years and nothing I've been able to
glean
> from this list's archives or other Healey forums.
> So . . . in a fit of desperation, I'm appealing to the good folks on
> this list for any advice, photos, dimensions or even vague remembrances as
> to how this can be fixed before my driver's license is revoked due to old
> age.
>
> Bill
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_3

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]