[Healeys] Haynes manual 049 pg 87 fig. 4.1 Ignition Diagram

Peter Schauss schauss at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 3 16:08:34 MST 2010

Scott,

I have a different edition of this manual but I found figure 4.1 and it is
misleading.  Assuming that your drive dog is set up correctly, the number 1
socket for the number 1 sparkplug wire should point approximately toward the
number 1 spark plug.  If the schematic is to be taken literally the numbers
on the distributor cap should be rotated one space counter clockwise so that
the 1 is where the 5 should be.

Just as a sanity test, you should probably check to see where the rotor is
when the number 1 cylinder is in the firing position (TDC with both valves
closed).

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7