[Healeys] Motor Oil --- ZDDP

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 21:11:17 MDT 2010

As the newbie on the list I think I'm heading into another
controversy/rehash, but speaking of oil and ZDDP....

I've owned my car one
year. I've driven it around 800 (est) miles. I did one oil change when I first
got it on the road last summer at which time I mixed in prescribed amount of
ZDDP adaptive.  I burn/loose about a quart every 3-400 (est) miles at which
time I add a quart of Valvoline Racing oil which has ZDDP.

Does Valvoline
Racing oil have enough ZDDP?
Should I mix in some additive with every quart?
Am I missing something?

Greg

--- On Sat, 6/26/10, Alan Seigrist