[Healeys] Computer Question
lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 15 18:18:00 MDT 2010
Could some of you computer types get back with me with your opinions on which
way I should go and other misc. questions for a new lap top.
PLEASE SEND ANSWERS OFF THE LIST SO AS NOT TO DISRUPT THE LISTS
REAL PURPOSE. Thanks
If anyone would like to know the answers I will gladly send them to you.
- Does setting up a new lap top really take 4 to 5 hours? Says the salesman
- Is the setup out of the reach of a normal/ casual operator?
- Should I have paid the $80. to let the Geek Squad do the set up for me?
- My lap top has Windows 7 included but I may have to down load that? I
haven't turned it
on yet. Could that be a large part of the 4 to 5 hrs?
- I have the option between 3 different Anti Viruses of which I haven't
heard of either one.
Webroot, Kaspersky, and Trend Micro. (where have I been?)
Which is the AV of choice?
- Do I need to install the Anti Virus immediately upon "turn on" in order
to totally protect my
systems? And then load the Windows system?
- I have MacAfee included in my At&t internet, can I use both AV or will
they conflict with
- Anything I forgot please don't hesitate to suggest.
Just trying to make my new investment a safe/ smooth one.
Thanks , Mark
More information about the Healeys