[Healeys] SOS no oil pressure

Allen Miller allen100m at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 16:17:19 MDT 2010

After two months leading up to the fire-up of my 100m today, I was horrified to find zero oil pressure. Motor turns over rapidly with plugs out, and I removed the pressure gauge line to verify that it was not a clog there.

The motor was rebuilt with all the oiling components placed back on. There was adequate oil pressure before the motor was torn down. The only change is the addition of a Welch oil cooler kit mounted to the spin-off plate, but I don't  see how that would make a difference.

Am I overlooking something simple? Is there a need to prime the pump somehow? All suggestions are very much needed.

Thanks

Allen Miller BN2M