[Healeys] "Nu-chrome Restoration" near Boston........?????????????

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 06:50:24 MDT 2010

I've been waiting a lot of years for someone to ask for a recommendation for
Nu-Chrome.  Now is my chance to vent.

I purchased an original front bumper
for my 62 BN7 at Carlisle a few years ago It needed to be straightened and
re-chromed.  I and asked the salesman from Nu-Chrome if they could straighten
it and Chrome it to Concours quality.  He insured me that they would make it
perfect. I paid them in advance and left the bumper with him.  Eight months
later and several phone calls I finally received it,  It had heavy chisel
marks on the back side that you would cut your fingers, heavy rust around the
mounting brackets and blemishes on the front surface.  I called them and
complained of the poor quality and they said send it back and they would
correct the problem.  I sent it back at my expense and three months later I
received it back with the same rust around the mounting brackets.  They had
ground down the chisel marks with a coarse grinder and now it had a black burn
mark on the front surface the size of a dime.  After two weeks of calling them
 finally was able to talk to their quality control manager who just said send
it back and they will make it right.  I asked if I would be reimbursed for all
the shipping and he said no that was my responsibility if I wanted them to
spend more time trying to satisfy me. They had two chances to make it right, I
wasn't giving them a third.   I never sent it back.  Some day I'll find some
one locally to re-chrome it properly.

Use them at your own risk.

Ron
Mitchell