[Healeys] Rubber seal around wing windows

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:21:50 MDT 2010

John,

I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try, there is no easy button
for this one.  You remove the door panel, chrome door top finisher first.
Then remove the two hex head bolts at the bottom of the vent window channel
and the 4 screws fixing the  vent window frame at the top of the door.  Here's
where it may not go--raise the window at the same time as you pull up on the
vent window frame.  This may allow you just enough access to remove the nut,
washers, spring, spacers, and bracket under the vent window frame to free up
the pivot assembly.  Then remove the two chrome screws on the upper pivot and
pull the vent window out.  Remove the old rubber and place in the new, then
reassemble.

If the window won't raise as the front channel goes up then you have to
release the regulator arm from the guide channel at the bottom of the door
glass frame and then pull up on the door glass and the vent window (front
channel) assembly simultaneously to remove both.  Then you can remove the
hardware mentioned above to get the rubber exchanged.  Pay attention to the
order of the washers and spring, and the spacer and their orientation with the
bracket.

Hope this helps,

George Haywood

'65 bj8

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:29:29 -0400
> From: banjojohn at cox.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Rubber seal around wing windows
>
> Hi listers:
> Does anyone know an easy way to replace the rubber seal around the wing
windows on a BJ8? It looks to me like you have to tear half the door apart.
> Thanks for any help
> John O'Brien
> '61 bugeye
> '65 BJ8

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]