[Healeys] Manifold Drains

Mark Goodman mkgoodman at att.net
Fri Jun 4 12:52:36 MDT 2010

Dear Ray,


I found the correct fittings ( standard compression fitting for them) at a
HVAC Supplier and I believe the 1/8 Copper tubing also, but a good hobby
shop or well equipped Hardware Store should have a selection of Brass tubes
that would be 1/8".  I think I might have spare fittings and copper tubing
if you have trouble finding anything where you live.


Mark Goodman


66BJ8 35503




Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 23:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

From: Ray Juncal <healeyray at yahoo.com>

Subject: [Healeys] Manifold drains

To: List Healey <healeys at autox.team.net>

Message-ID: <453094.49919.qm at web111413.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"


List   I'm still working on those carbs.  I need a source for the drain

fittings on the bottom of the intake manifolds.  It has a 1/8" tube
compression fitting on one side and what looks to be a 3/8"-26 thread on the
other, where it screws into the manifold.  Is that a "British straight pipe"

size?  If so I could modify a US 1/4" tapered pipe thread fitting with a die
of the correct thread.  Any ideas guys??RegardsRay Juncal

More information about the Healeys mailing list