[Healeys] Clutch Judder Continued

bighealey3k at aim.com bighealey3k at aim.com
Sat Jul 31 22:10:20 MDT 2010

John,  You should check the condition of your forward main engine mounts too,
unless you've already done that.  The upper or horizontal small pads shouldn't
be resting on the frame brackets for the vertical mounts.  The upper pads come
into play in high torque situations or if the main mounts fail.  If the upper
pads are resting on the frame mount brackets, the main engine mounts maybe
starting to fail or tired from holding up that cast iron lump under the hood
(bonnet) :-).  I found this on a friends '62 Tri Carb and when the mounts were
taken off, the rubber blocks were trapezoidal instead of rectangular looking
at them from the side.  Maybe the tail shaft thrashing about had something to
do with your angle drive failing.  Just a thought.

Larry
'67 BJ8