[Healeys] Clutch Judder Continued

John Soderling bighealey at astound.net
Sat Jul 31 21:24:38 MDT 2010

I have also had some annoying clutch judder when starting out in 2nd gear.  I
assumed it was due to a little oil on the clutch plate since Erika doesn't
have a rear seal.  With the transmission cover off for the slave cylinder
work, I also noticed that my rubber transmission mounts had pretty much
disintegrated and were the consistency of firm Jell-O.  So I replaced them and
guess what.  Presto, the clutch judder was gone!  I guess the tranny and
clutch/engine shafts were slightly out of align due to the failed tranny
mounts.  So if you have some clutch judder, check the condition of your
transmission mounts as one possible cause.

The moral of the story is that loosing my clutch hydraulics was really a
blessing in disguise!

Vrooom vrooom,
John