[Healeys] Fuel odors

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Jul 29 06:14:54 MDT 2010

Ditto Alan.

tom

---- Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Fredrich -

Fifteen years ago I rebuilt the suspension complete with new rear springs on
my BJ8, and also worked to get the exhaust firmly installed just under the
floor boards (w/o touching the chassis) and I can tell you I have not had
any problems with scraping my exhaust, even with spirited driving.  I did
all this because I spent the money to get a SS exhaust. I think in that 15
years I've scraped my exhaust maybe two times, lightly (no damage).  Speed
bumps are never a problem (i.e. my shocks are working properly).

If you are dragging exhaust either your pipes aren't mounted properly or
your suspension is worn out.

Alan

Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html