[Healeys] Overdrive Deceleration

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 20:34:54 MDT 2010

John,

I just read your article on the overdrive on your site, healey6. Nice site.  You say the roller clutch allows the OD to drive the rear wheels but not the oposite, as it will damage the OD unit.

Knowing you can't possibly keep ALL deceleration force off of the OD unit, how much can the OD manage and how much is too much before it's damaged?

Does one's driving style change when the OD is engaged?
Is engine breaking absolutely forbidden?
What the minimum time the OD should be used before it's being engaged and disengaged too much, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 or more?

Greg
65BJ8

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.