[Healeys] Overheating Healey

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 16:59:44 MDT 2010

For an oil cooler to be as affective as possible the heat it removes should
not be added back into the heat the radiator must deal with.
I just got into this discussion, so I hope the following is not a repeat.
There are many ways to improve the Healey cooling. Some are simple such as:
Make sure you are using a thermostat that includes a bypass blocking sleeve or
install a fixed sleeve to stop the flow from bypassing (the radiator).
In lieu of using a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze, use 10-15% antifreeze & 90-85%
water. You will be protected down to something like 10 degrees F. If that is
not enough, increase the percentage in the winter.
Gary Hodson