[Healeys] Sat. Post Conclave Adventure Final Pt.2

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 12:55:42 MDT 2010

After lunch we gassed up for the final time and headed out with a fresh stock
of Gatorade in our cooler.  We got onto Hwy 52 and traveled to Albemarle, NC.
Didn't see Kellie Pickler there again so we continued on after turning onto
Hwy 24 E. Things were getting hotter by the minute but we spotted some clouds
in the distance that looked like maybe a storm was brewing. You won't often
hear me say that a storm is a welcome sight while driving the Healey but today
is one of those days. Outside of Fayetteville the rains came cooling things
down nicely, what a relief, some close lightening and a few cracks of thunder
made things exciting. This lasted for a good while but ended just before
entering Fayetteville. It was a little hot thru town but as the sun was
setting and the remaining clouds blocked some rays it was pleasant for the
rest of the drive home. We pulled into our driveway @ around 8PM and bedded
down our trusty steed in his stall ending another wonderful Healey Adventure.
We had a great time, had very little difficulty, and are looking forward to
another trip in Sept.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to us along the way. You have
been too kind struggling thru my ramblings, it was as much fun reading your
Take care,

George & Sherry Haywood