[Healeys] Thurs. Post Conclave Ad. Pt. 2

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 03:08:16 MDT 2010

I grew up in the Ohio valley. Your passages are stirring up old memories.

Thank you.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.

On Jul 22, 2010, at 10:27 PM, George Haywood <haywoodone at hotmail.com> wrote:

Things changed here in Ky. The fencing is mostly wooden and completely
surrounds the farms. Fences divide the areas of the farms into special
sectors, some for agriculture, some for pasture, others for separating horses
for different reasons.  It looks like mazes with paths leading to who knows
where.  The thing that ties all the farms together is that the fencing is all
stained/painted a dark brown almost black color.  All the barns are colored
the same way. They are very large with vertical boards from ground to soffit.
The boards have spaces between them and as you pass by you can see light
coming thru from the other side of the barn. I presume this is to keep the hay
from molding by the continuous ventilation of the loose walled construction.
The ends many barns have quilt art painted just as those in Iowa had. The farm
houses that go with these estates can be quite massive. Some are obviously
established farms of many decades as noted by their Ky field stone walls built
along the roadway with grand entrance gates. Then there are the newbie's that
have a more modern look about them-still very grand in nature but not as
mature. Unfortunately where there is boom there is bust and many of these
estates have for sale signs posted. As we drive along we see people on the
front porches of city homes, farmers on tractors and lawn mowers, and others
just going about their dailey activities.  We observe them as spectacles and
they us in our Healey with our hair blowing back, then we both wave to one
another and smile. There's not much more you can say about that, eh. We
journeyed down In. 227, to Georgetown, 460 over to Paris and Mt Sterling, then
I-64 back to Winchester for the night. Traveling only about 250 mi. today
doesn't seem far but we'll remember it as being a good day. Take Care,

George & Sherry Haywood

Bet there are some good deals to be found if you're in the market. All-in-all
this day has been a beautiful travel day

inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2
Healeys at autox.team.net