[Healeys] BN2 Backfire-AHA !

kaynmike.bham at juno.com kaynmike.bham at juno.com
Tue Jul 20 15:05:42 MDT 2010

I was in here a couple of weeks ago about this.....car. Idled ok, but try to
rev it up and --sounded like a firefight in my garage and the neighbors noted
it as well. Got many great suggestions and following good advice, did the
easiest stuff first. Had some generous local help and THE THING RUNS! It was
electrical, in the distributor and specifically the little piece that makes
the connection from the coil to the distributor. (It's in the M--ss catalog,
where the dist. for 100,s is. It is listed as no. 18 "Low Tension Lead and
Bush.") We are not clear which aspect of that part was the most egregious a
failure. Well the wire lead terminates in a connector loop-type end and that
was holding by a thread and the black,hard rubber seal which fits into the
dist.was brittle and possibly a conductor to ground-intermittantly. Anyway
this list is awesome.
Mike Gougeon BN2