[Healeys] Air Filter for 100

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 20:30:00 MDT 2010

Now that we've got our 100M running, I'm looking to put a good air
filter on the freshly rebuilt engine.  We've got the adapter for the
cold air box to a 4" "hard" (heavy paper and foil) tube, and the tube,
but I'm not sure how to affix an air filter to the end of the tube.  I'm
considering one of two K&N filters--one would have its flange inserted
into the tube, and one would have the tube inserted into the flange;
i.e. tube into the filter, or filter into the tube.

Any suggestions on how to attach one of the filters?  Are the tubes
strong enough to have a filter clamped onto one, or should I clamp the
tube onto the filter flange?

As always, any suggestions appreciated.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net