[Healeys] HD8 Slow Run Valve

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 07:24:10 MDT 2010

Alan,

Temperature, humidity and the local barometric pressure affect air
density, and overall engine performance and behavior.  How does the
engine know whether the mixture came through the slow run valves or the
throttle plates?

My BJ8's idle varies depending on the aforementioned conditions, but
only slightly unless I get a few thousand feet above my usual sea level
conditions, or it is exceptionally hot (lower air density).  It is
always steady and smooth.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net