[Healeys] Carburettor trouble

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Jan 26 16:47:10 MST 2010

 The H series does have the little cork ring seals within the jet assembly.
In position they are compressed under a chamfered brass ring, surrounding
the moveable brass jet. I've built up a lot of carbs over the years and note
that it's relatively easy to pinch, tear or otherwise damage these cork
rings if you aren't careful during assembly. It helps to soak them in water
before installation. Some of these seals may have been sitting in a dry
package for a long time, and assembling them wet can help eliminate initial
assembly sticking and snagging as they go together.

Rich