[Healeys] Wiring up electronic ignition

Paul Leeks Paull at glasgows.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 07:54:24 MST 2010

I have recently had my distributor overhauled and fitted with electronic
ignition (in place of the old points and condenser).  However, I am now
getting no spark and so I would like to check that I have my new wiring
correct (it is positive earth).

I apologise in advance for the description below (which would be easier as a
diagram!) ...

On the old set-up I had, according to the wiring diagram:

a b/w wire from the distributor and a b/w wire from the battery/earth (which
are joined together) attached to the +ve terminal of the coil

a white wire from the ignition switch and a white wire from the fuses (joined
together) attached to the -ve terminal of the coil

On the new set-up I have:

a black wire from the electronic ignition attached to the wire from the
ignition switch and the wire from the fuses (joined together)

a black/white wire from the electronic ignition attached to the -ve terminal
of the coil

the wire from the battery/earth and the loose original wire from the
distributor (no longer attached) attached to the +ve terminal of the coil

If anybody can understand the above description :-) can you tell me if this
is right?

Many thanks

Paul Leeks

100/6 BN4

Glasgows
Customs House, Customs Way, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2UW

Tel: 01772 767505 Fax: 01772 767566
Email: paull at glasgows.co.uk <mailto:paull at paull@glasgows.co.uk>

EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this message
to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law. Please
notify the sender immediately if you have received this email by mistake and
delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading style of R Glasgow &
Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in England & Wales No.
2257022.