[Healeys] LHD TO RHD Steering

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 03:13:44 MST 2010

Most Austin sedans steer from the "other side" of the idler, so as
bizzare as this may sound, you use the lhd steering box gears of a
sedan on a rhd Healey. And the lhd sedan steering box components in a
rhd Healey.
So you'd actually need the bits from a lhd Atlantic to make a rhd
Healey.
Not that I've ever done it, but if you try a rhd sedan steering box in
a rhd Healey, the wheels turn the opposite way to the steering
wheel.....
Geez, back to the lh and rh discussion...
;-)
Chris

Sent from my iPhone