[Healeys] BN1 rear spring grease nippel

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 01:30:12 MST 2010

Alan

I agree that only UNF grease nipples were used on 100s except perhaps
the odd very early one.

As I said in my previous email 1" long versions are too short because
the side cheeks of the mounting assembly do not then allow a standard
'lock on' grease gun fitting to attach. A tapered version that does not
clip over but relies on the pushing pressure to stay in contact will
work but these often leak.

>I was under the impression that was a UNF nipple?  I thought the only BSF on
>a 100 was on the motor and gearbox, no where else....

Also on the spiral bevel rear axle, BN1 front suspension and steering
and part of the rear suspension.

Regards

--
John Harper