[Healeys] Longbridge Parts Needed

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:33:59 MST 2010

Geez. Try locking a bugeye Sprite.
Never lock my BJ8. Who's going to touch it?? Oh what, steal it?? What
about the obvious steering wheel lock? And then what if they destroy
that?
Do if they get to drive it away, they won't get very far
anyway..........
Our cars aren't joyrider material any more. And BMC locks aren't hard
to bypass. At the average "All British" display I have enough keys to
open and start at least 5 other cars. I just give the owner the spare
key I've collected. One Healey owner at a display day even had my
glovebox key!!
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 05/01/2010, at 11:54 PM, Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote:

> My A90 has a door lock only on the drivers side.  Doesn't seem to keep
> criminals out of the car but I suppose in gentler times criminals
> never
> entered the passenger door....
>
> Alan
>
> '52 A90
> '53 BN1
> '59 Jag Mk IX
> '64 BJ8
>

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Joe and Lenore Armour <
> sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Quinn, Patrick wrote:
>>
>> G'day Rich
>>>
>>> The lockable handle was also fitted to driver's side front door of
>>> the
>>> Jowett