[Healeys] Plowing Through

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 27 19:31:47 MST 2010

In the 70's I lived at Lake Tahoe in the winter and rarely used
chains. I powered the Healey through all kinds of snow conditions; no
salt was used on the roads. I did have an issue with ice once
traveling down Kingsbury grade. Because of the cold, the car would
not start in the mornings and I had to coast downhill until I could
pop the clutch in gear and start the engine. Once I did two very slow
360's while a pickup truck was coming uphill. Car straightened out,
started, and no accident!

However, you could always remove the grill and shape a sheet metal
scope to funnel the snow through the radiator. It should solve the
overheating problem too!

John Spaur
'62 BT7