[Healeys] Garage space

Allyn Richardson allynrichardson at cox.net
Sun Feb 7 11:03:56 MST 2010

I built cabinets on one side of the garage. Put an old piece of counter top
I had left over from a remodel for a work bench. Put sliders on all the
shelves so you could pull them out and see what you actually have. Put peg
board on the inside and outside of the cabinet doors.  Tools I used all the
time were on the outside pegboard. Put all my wrenches, sockets, screw
drivers, in those plastic hanging holders. And placed on the outside
pegboard. Installed  those stanely  L style steel wall brackets and shelving
on all the walls 1 can deep and max can high to accommodate all my
chemicals.

Cleared a massive amount of space and I could actually "see" my tools and
what I needed. Bought a small plastic snap together garden shed to put all
my car parts in. Built narrow wood shelving and lined the three sides. One
part deep sort of thing. Fenders, hoods, top, went in the center. To get all
the "to be fixed" parts and shelves they were on out of the garage. Cleared
out 4 rolling shelving units. For the first time I could actually work in my
garage and not trip over something!

About a month after finishing the project and being pretty happy about it
all, my wife placed a for sale sign in the front yard. Apparently she found
the house deal of the Century we just had to have.but.but..My Garage!.You
can guess who one that battle..LOL.

Allyn

58 BN6 in work.