[Healeys] 3000 MK2 Demonstration car Blue Don

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Thu Feb 4 13:59:54 MST 2010

Josef,

There were at least a couple of cars with reg plate xxx DON which were owned by
Healey and used for demos etc. Red Don is still or was last time I saw it in the
UK in private hands. It's actually mentioned in the piece at

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Profiles/2009/July/English/

It's fairly well known so I am surprised that other listers haven't commented.

I can definitely confirm that Red Don was the publicity car for the Autocar
Test. I seem to recall that I have seen a picture of Donald Healey with Red
somewhere, but that doesn't mean that he used it privately either.

Peter