[Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 21 23:00:41 MST 2010

One of the things I like about all Big Healeys is that they can keep
up with modern traffic.  We're not talking about MG TCs, which I like
but wouldn't want to drive on a Southern California freeway except in
convoy.  No stock Healey is going to win a drag race; that is not the
point.

So perhaps there are more than two groups of Healey people.  They
range from Nasty Boy people through serious competitive racers, guys
who just like to play with their Healey's engine, drivers and enjoyers
of stock Healeys in club activities, to those possessed by 'hanger
queens'.  Then there are busted knuckle and greasy fingered people
like me who just want to get their cars on the road some day.

I'd get a Miata or a hot Mustang if modern car performance was my
objective.

-Roland
BN1