[Healeys] Rivets and assumptions

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Thu Dec 9 06:50:31 MST 2010

I have never seen the clip that the rivet holds being used to hold the rim
on an Healey. That goes for the early more rounded off and narrower rims of
the Hundreds, through the wider, flatter rim of the 3000's.
The top edge of the chrome rim fits behind a raised lip of the bucket edge
at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock. The rim is held there by the single screw
coming u from the bottom into a captive clip on the bucket at about 5
o'clock. I believe the rivets I've seen are usually stainless steel, so have
a very slight yellow look compared to the blueish chrome of the rim.

Rich