[Healeys] 100/6 engines with prefix 26C

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Dec 4 04:22:44 MST 2010

G'day Josef

In my list of Austin-Healeys in Australia there are 27 100/6 BN4s with
engine numbers starting with 26C out of a total of 158 cars (100/6).

In my car (BN3/1) the engine number starts with C26W which stands for
C-series, 2.6 litre and W-Wolseley.

It is a very early engine supplied by BMC to the Donald Healey Motor Company
to see how it would fit into the Austin-Healey. As we know that once fitted,
it provided inferior performance than the 2.6 litre 4-cylinder. That was
fixed by working the cylinder head and fitting triple dual-throat DU-6 SUs.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia