[Healeys] Fw: Thermostat?

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 14:53:43 MDT 2010

Another approach. Purchase and install a brass blanking sleeve, intended to
permanently block off the bypass port in the head & install a modern fail safe
(fails open) thermostat, sold at most auto parts stores.The blanking sleeve is
available from several suppliers. I think I got one from Moss. As an
experiment, install only the sleeve (no t'stat) & see if your car runs any
cooler.
Gary Hodson