[Healeys] Carb - Adjustments

Peter Schauss rpschauss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 07:13:24 MDT 2010

3/8ths sounds a bit low when you consider that the normal starting
point for adjusting the jets is one turn down.  If you had to run the
jets down 3/8" to get the mixture right I am surprised that the car
ran at all with the jets at the top.

Did you test the mixture by lifting the dashpots?
Are the float levels correct?

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Greg Mandas <gmandas at yahoo.com> wrote:
> List;
>
> After adjusting the carbs on my 65BJ8 I'm finding the jets are both, equally
whats looks to be a good 3/8ths below the bushing. Since the adjusting process
starts off with leveling the jets with the bushings, I'm wondering if this is
an indication of;