[Healeys] Carb - Adjustments

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 06:59:28 MDT 2010

Greg -

That's too deep for sure.  You are probably running rich.

When you are lifting the piston to set mixture, how far are your
lifting?  I notice many people lift the pistons far too high (e.g.
1/8") , giving incorrect readings.  I like to lift the piston by hand
using a small flat head screwdriver with a long shaft inserted
directly in the venturi chamber.  I only lift the piston 1/32" to
1/16" ... adjusting from that will get your mixture much more
accurate.

Also, did you replace your throttle shaft bushes?  If air is leaking
there that will cause the carb to run lean.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device