[Healeys] Restoration - how anal?

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 12 20:32:57 MDT 2010

Well... the replies are very interesting!
In summary:
Black paint (I used chassis black)
Do nothing because it is hard to see (except for concours judging)
It's an original part in great condition
Fill in the pits with copper plating, filler/paint (easy!) or lead
(an acquired skill!!)

I asked because this can apply to the shock bodies and may other
parts and I was curious to know what people are doing. We have such a
huge range of options for finishing every aspect of our cars!

Thanks to everyone!!