[Healeys] brake switch

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 08:32:02 MDT 2010

Tom

I am aware of many examples of aftermarket switches needing too much
pressure before they activate. One example was when I drove down hill
behind a 100 in Wales. His brake lights only came on when he braked hard
whereas the A-H behind me said that mine came on whenever I put my foot
on the pedal. His was a recently purchased item.

I have never experienced any problems with an original pressure switch
and my conclusion is that it is only the ones that are non original and
recently supplied that are 'not to specification'.

What do others think?

Regards

--
John Harper