[Healeys] WG: Blind rivets at rear skirt rail

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Sat Apr 10 02:15:57 MDT 2010

John,
I have to say I am very much in Concours. I am just doing the organization for
National Concours in the UK.
But my personal opinion is we should stay on the ground and not taking
Concours as our religion. As an example, for my cars I give me the freedom to
paint the engine parts first and then assemble them and not painting all over
when assembled.
I can also fully understand when others try to get it as close as it was done
by the factory. I do not mind that, but I also allow some sort of variance,
when its too much efforts to go the factory way or we have better materials or
methods now which can be used. For the rivets, I think here you may have one
out of 200 Healeys with the original rivets. All others have the pop rivets
used.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----