[Healeys] O/D Relay switch

Mike Slechta mslechta at chartermi.net
Thu Apr 8 17:44:46 MDT 2010

Joe,
What you are saying is essentially true.  I agree with you about using the O/D
function as often as practical (meaning not at too low RPM).  I feel that
using the O/D function frequently keeps parts from "freezing" due to lack of
use.  I don't have as many years of Healeying under my belt (seat?) as you,
but I do have what I consider lots of miles on her & have never had an O/D
problem, including relays.
On another related note, I read somewhere, possibly "Healey Marque" about
being able to eliminate or remove something, possibly a switch, and you could
us the O/D function in all 4 gears.  This did not appeal to me & it was quite
sometime ago, so I don't remember the details.
One more related note;  In my opinion, there is not any section of "The Tail"
long enough to use the O/D function.
Cheers,        Mad Mike